Join Our Team
If interested in applying for one of our available positions, please email a cover letter and your resume to Operations Manager Katie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dairy Connection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees are hired based solely on Dairy Connection Inc. personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We will not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment.
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
Warehouse and Production Operator
Date Posted: 12/15/2022
Department(s): Warehouse and Production
This position reports to: Warehouse and Production Manager
The Warehouse and Production Operator revolves around the day-to-day tasks associated with shipping customer orders and re-packaging food products into smaller containers. The primary responsibilities include packing and shipping orders, receiving and stocking food products, and following cleaning protocols. The schedule for this position is typically 3 days working in the warehouse and 2 days working in the production clean rooms. First shift only, Monday – Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Picking items from storage locations using product codes and lot numbers
- Packing items for small parcel shipping
- Repacking of bulk products into smaller containers
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for the cleaning process
- Performing general warehouse and production duties as necessary
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds individually on a somewhat repetitive basis (3-5 times per day)
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Familiarity with, or the ability to quickly learn key food safety terminology
- Ability to maintain confidential information professionally
- Strong written, communication, and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time-management skills to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines and have the ability to work independently with little supervision
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding food safety
- HACCP, PCQI, or GMP-related certification
This position operates in a warehouse and clean room environment. We are a small business atmosphere where all employees are cross-trained and may be required to perform multiple job duties throughout the business day. Employees are encouraged to take initiative on continuous improvement projects.
Salary and Compensation
Full-time position: salary is dependent on experience with a competitive benefits package.